I've been thinking a lot lately about my life, my future, and how everything is connected. This summer, I will be living by myself again for two months (my boyfriend is going away for an internship in Boston). Last year, it was lonely but bearable. But last summer, I was searching for another job and worrying about money. This year I won't have to worry about that.
They say it's a good thing to spend time apart from your partner, and I agree. There are a few things that I am looking forward to trying, activities I will change and try out for the summer.
Lately I feel as if I have been surrounded by wonderful articles, advice, and people sharing with me the importance of eating healthy foods, spending quiet time with myself, listening to my body, enjoying nature, and looking (always) at the larger picture.
Maybe all this positivity is coming from the vibes resonating with everyone lately that are coming from the warm weather, sunshine, chirping birds, and budding trees. Spring is here! And soon it will be summer, which I feel like is the season for personal growth.
This summer, I am making a list of goals for myself:
- Read at least two books per month (for a total of 6 books this summer). I already have a list of books I want to read.
- Register for and attend a self-defense class. I know of a couple of locally-offered classes, and it's always been something I have wanted to do.
- Finish "Drawing on the Left Side of the Brain" - reading and completing the drawing activities.
- Attend at least one life drawing co-op. There are several that I know of. My drawing skills are rusty, and it would be good for me to get out there and draw in a community setting again.
- Eat good, healthy, fresh food. All summer. Cook more, eat more greens, spinach, fruits, make my own bread and salad vinaigrette, drink lots of water.
- Practice writing by blogging more. There are a lot of things that I want to share with the world, including some of my knowledge on certain subjects. I think it's important to share with others what you know, so that we can learn from one another, and so that individuals who don't have the opportunity to attend college or specific classes can take advantage of the free learning environment that is the web!
- Be honest. With myself (strengths, weaknesses, capabilities), and with others.
- Take the time to breathe, to find the beauty around me, and appreciate the company of others. Because what else makes life worth living?