My, oh my what a wonderful day!
Plenty of sunshine heading my way
Mister Bluebird on my shoulder
It's the truth, it's actch'll
Ev'rything is satisfactch'll
Wonderful feeling, wonderful day!
~Song of the South, Disney 1946
While looking up this song, I discovered on Wikipedia that the lyrics reference a bluebird, and bluebirds are a symbol of happiness. Which reminds me of Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project, a book and site that features this bluebird logo as a symbol of happiness (how fitting!).
I'm zip-a-dee-doo-dah'ing today because the future looks bright. We're moving to DC in 2 weeks and I'm excited to be closer to everything and be able to do more exploring. I recently read Steal Like An Artist and have been finding inspiration in a variety of places lately:
- Creative Inspirations documentaries on Lynda.com
- taking a class right now - "Portrait Drawing" from theartleague
- Artists Helping Artists podcast about marketing yourself as an artist
- Paperclipping Roundtable podcast about scrapbooking
- currently reading: The 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women
- and even in shopping around for some new home stuff
What's inspiring you lately?