Yesterday I cleared out the clutter and filled my left-side desk drawer with a bunch of art supplies that I have on hand. I think it'll help to have all of this stuff within arm's reach.
|my desk drawer full of art supplies|
Before the challenge begins, I wanted to make a list for myself of some prompts and inspiration that I can revisit if I feel the need.
- outfit of the day sketches, like these from Skulleigh
- make a moodboard for a fashion line with cutouts from magazines
- hand letter a quote
- draw what you eat
- write 3 stream-of-consciousness pages of Morning Pages first thing in the morning
- find inspiration from Creative Rehab's 30 Days of Writing Challenge (also starting Friday!)
- draw something from this Draw Me board
- draw a portrait of yourself in a mirror making the ugliest face possible
- draw some made-up ugly faces
- blueprint the plans for an altar sculpture of some sort
- draw fairies
- learn how to draw chibis
- write/draw some content for a zine
- fill a page full of faces
- go a little Wreck This Journal on your sketchbook and start messing it up
- copy something cute/kawaii
- sketch portraits of girl characters i like: Matilda, Wednesday, Belle, Alice, Dorothy, Amélie, Daria, Hermione...
- color a page as full of color as possible
- pick an object that reminds you of childhood, draw it and write your memories of it
- share your story behind an old photo
- pick a common first name and list all the people you can think of with that name
- see: everyday life journaling prompts
- draw a map of your hometown from memory (street names, landmarks, your schools, friends' houses, etc)
- draw everything in your purse/bag
- create a page of rich texture
- for calm & clarity, just make dots... or lines
- draw girls in outfits & decorate the heck out of their clothes
- make a list of all the people who have step foot in your home - how many can you remember?
- outline your hand, then doodle in it
- illustrate a recipe
- make a grid, then fill the boxes with drawings of things in your space
- cut out a photo from a magazine & doodle on top of it - aka "doodle bomb"
- Rorschach with watercolor and draw what you see
- learn about something new and take notes on what you learn
- two words: visual note-taking
- list all the places you've fallen asleep besides your own home
- draw your own mandala and color it in
- keep a tea journal
- make a color swatch collage
- watch a movie. pause it randomly. quickly sketch the scene.
- make a list of things you're good at
- 50 things to be happy about
- gratitude journal
- go someplace and draw your surroundings
- make a pseudo pinboard in your sketchbook with pictures from magazines
- make lists based on past 30 Days of Lists prompts
- more: themes from Sketchbook Challenge
- more: topics from Illustration Friday
- more: 40 journaling prompts
- jumping off point: random sentence
|some of my favorite drawing & writing tools|
Alrighty then, I think 50 is enough for now. Happy creating to everyone doing challenges in August!