Inspired by Light by Coco's vision board, I created my own vision board poster for 2015. First, I made a list of main goal topics. Nothing too specific. I know they say it's better to create concrete, measurable goals if you want any chance of actually reaching them. But for this poster, I wanted it to just be inspirational. An overall picture of my ideal life. Then I found pictures that visualize each goal topic and that inspire me.
A bit about each picture [sources are linked]:
- Either you run the day, or the day runs you - a reminder to take control of my daily life and to-dos, otherwise I'm at the mercy of everyone around me.
- Minimalist clothes on hooks - continue to minimize my wardrobe and home. Simple outfits with well-loved items are better than an overflowing closet!
- Girl on bike - bicycle around the city more.
- Emma Watson beauty - take care of my skin.
- Tattoo girl smelling flowers - a reminder to tap into my hippie side once in awhile. Free spirited and earthy and full of love for everyone around me.
- Ballerina stretching - work on my flexibility.
- Healthy green salad bowl - eat healthfully and abundantly with colorful fruits & veggies!
- Buff girl dancing - work out to become strong and fit.
- Berries - remember how delicious plain ol' nature is and indulge!
- Dirty hand - get my hands messy doing creative projects.
- Sadie Nardini yogi - practice yoga.
- Motivation quote - when I'm feeling unmotivated, remember that motivation never lasts and I just have to remind myself of my goals daily.
- MK&A laptop - stay in touch with family and friends through technology.
- Colorful office - keep work and graphic design fun and colorful to remind myself that I have a pretty cool job!
- Nice butt - work out to get toned (I never knew this until recently, but Pinterest has convinced me that anyone can have an amazing rear-end if you do your squats!)
- Exploring couple - travel and explore places with Rob.
- Wine glasses - make every night a special occasion. The best time to celebrate is whenever you can.
- White minimalist bedroom - continue to minimize and simplify our home.
- Vegan runner - quit being a couch potato so I can be a kick-ass role model for the vegan lifestyle.
- Your life is your message - reminder to also practice the creativity, positivity, and healthy lifestyle I love to promote.
I found the pictures online (combing through my Pinterest boards first), then used InDesign to create the layout. I printed the 11x17" poster through OvernightPrints.com <--that's a referral link btw, tacking it on to my holiday card order. It was like $3 after coupons. When it arrived, I realized that it didn't fit on my closet wall very well. The place I wanted to hang it was too narrow. So I cut the left column of rectangles off, and rearranged them on the top. It fits next to my mirror now, and still looks good!
I hung it up in my closet for me to see every day when I get dressed and get ready for bed, and every time I pass through the closet to the bathroom. My hope is it will remind me of what I want my life to look like - all aspects of it. Then every time I make a decision, I can lean toward my vision. Eventually, this poster will be more of a reflection of my current life and less of a far-off dream!